ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Highly-motivated; likes challenge; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work… Did we describe you? Read on…
Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric utilities. We are an industry leader that is designing new and innovative ways to meet our customer’s needs. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of working on key industry changing projects. We need your good ideas and your contributions to remain a leader in this industry.
About Aircraft Operations…
The Aircraft Operations department plays a vital role in the construction and maintenance of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) transmission, distribution, and hydroelectric infrastructure. The department operates a fleet of single- and twin-engine aircraft to conduct circuit patrols, external load operations, crew support, surveys, employee transportation, and many other critical services that help power SCE’s business objectives.
The Utility Helicopter Pilot reports directly to the Chief Pilot. The successful candidate will provide aerial support in Company aircraft to all business units, which includes passenger transport, line patrols, external loads, and photo flights.
The day to day…
- Research flight details for assigned missions review scored risk mitigation assessment, including performance planning, and perform pre-flight inspection of Company aircraft.
- Conduct assigned routine missions in Company aircraft, including line patrols, passenger transport, photo flights, positioning flights, external loads, and other missions as required, complying with all applicable federal and state aviation regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Complete all flight-related documentation accurately and timely, including flight sheets, duty records, incident reports, daily helicopter flight report, and any other required records.
- Conduct comprehensive safety briefings for all flight and ground personnel as required, prior to start of mission.
- Plan and conduct missions in accordance with department and Company requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain currency on all mandatory training required to meet flight proficiency, compliance with Company-required training, and participation in safety-related activities.
- Assist management with flight-related projects and other duties as required, including timekeeping and expense reports.
- Demonstrates company values through decisions and actions.
- Creates and maintains a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.