• Inspection and repair of helicopter and components to be maintained with the highest standards of the FAR's, manufacturer's programs, Hillsboro’s AAIP and repair station guidelines.
• Must be able to demonstrate an accurate working knowledge of FAR regulations and how they govern a mechanic’s activities.
• Ability to routinely perform Annual/100 HR, 300, 600 & 1200HR inspections as well as other scheduled and unscheduled maintenance items in remote field environments.
• Removal, re-installation and replacement of major components such as main rotor and tail rotor blades, engines, main transmissions, tail rotor gear boxes, main rotor and tail rotor hub assemblies.
• Main and tail rotor track and balance.
• Component inspection, repair and overhaul.
• Field travel will be required.
• Ability to use computer databases and software programs to track on-going maintenance.
• FAA A&P Certificate issued at least 24 months prior to application date.
• Previous work with a Part 135 operator and 145 repair station.
• Medium turbine helicopter maintenance experience.
• Ability to obtain a USFS/ DOI mechanic card for a type 3 aircraft operated by Hillsboro Aviation.
• At least 12 months experience as an A&P mechanic maintaining helicopters.
• At least 1 full season of experience under “field” conditions within the previous 10 years.
• At least 3 months experience maintaining a helicopter away from an operator’s principle base of operations.
• High quality standard with attention to detail.
• The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
• Willingness to work in a high-paced environment, the ability to multitask with excellent customer service.
• USFS/DOI Card-able experience with Bell 205, 206 B3 & L1, 407, 407HP and Airbus Helicopters H125(AS350).
• Documented factory training on any of the above mentioned airframes and/or engine training.
• Component overhaul including: main rotor hub assemblies, main transmission, gear boxes, swashplate assemblies, tail rotor gear boxes, and tail rotor assemblies.
• Bell and/or Airbus/Eurocopter factory training a plus.