Metro Aviation is seeking a Sheet Metal Technician at our Part 145 Repair Station located in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Ability to plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair both internal and external aircraft structures and surfaces for aircraft modification in accordance with technical manuals, engineering drawings, and FAA regulations
- Ability to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure
- Ability to perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes
- Demonstrative capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for medication and repair of structural parts
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as rivets guns, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, reading a scale, and sheet metal brake and sheers
- Ability to complete sheet metal projects with accuracy and precision
*Must have ability to supply personal tools and toolbox*
- Possess work ethics of honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining safe and compliant aircraft
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong initiative
- Team player
Must be willing and able to live within one (1) hour of Shreveport, Louisiana
Education and Certifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least five (5) years' sheet metal experience required
- Airframe and Power Plant license preferred
- Experience in a Part 145 Repair Station preferred
While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.