AMERICAN MADE. WORLD RENOWNED.
Proudly made in the USA, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation, a Surack Enterprises company, has a rich history for design innovation with the thrill of flying in our veins. Our goal is to provide helicopters to exact specifications and deliver support and maintenance worldwide. We offer many available configurations and have the capability to equip and style each customer's Enstrom to fit their unique needs. Performance, operating cost, reliability, customization – at Enstrom we check all the boxes and deliver a world-class helicopter that is highly regarded on every continent. Step into an Enstrom and one realizes we are passionate about what we do. Our helicopters offer superior performance for military training, law enforcement, commercial, and private operations.
We are seeking a full time Senior Electrical/Avionics Engineer. The right candidate for this position will be driven and passionate about manufacturing exceptional helicopters, enjoy the challenge of being an integral part of a rapidly growing business and most of all, take pride in knowing they will be one of many reasons customers will enjoy the thrill and pride of owning an Enstrom.
This is an onsite position and not remote-based.
- A full competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and more!
- A family and team-oriented work environment and a company culture that supports personal and professional growth, excellence, quality consciousness, communication, and innovative collaboration.
- Negotiable relocation assistance package for the right candidate.
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge and experience levels.
Reporting to the Design Manager, this person will work in the Engineering department Design Group performing avionics integration, electrical and electronic design and integration, and installation design for electrical components and systems for the aircraft. He/she will be responsible for coordinating efforts on electrical design projects as well as supporting vendor projects, various certification programs, and current production. Will collaborate with the other Engineering groups. The individual will be encouraged to apply for FAA Systems DER if they do not already have the qualification.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Investigate Sales and Marketing requests for avionics installations and integrations.
- Coordinate and integrate avionics installations and other electrical installations according to the Customer Sales Build Order. These changes must be coordinated through the Engineering system for proper release to the FAA, as required. The integration may include working with other engineering departments to generate the necessary Type Design information, including technical manuals (e.g.: electrical/avionics material within the maintenance manuals and flight manuals).
- Make minor changes (including E.O.’s or drawing revisions, if necessary) as required to correct design issues raised by vendors, Production, Test, or the Production Liaisons. These changes must be coordinated through the Engineering system for proper release to the FAA, as required.
- Coordinate and support the certification efforts of major changes through the Engineering system for proper release to the FAA, as required.
- Design components, systems, and subsystems for the helicopter. This includes electrical design and electro-mechanical design and installation of the components and systems.
- The electrical/avionics engineer may be expected to create all of his/her own drawings and participate in drawing check/review; or coordinate such activities with the electrical draftsman when available.
- Research and incorporate DCR’s (Drawing Change Requests) as appropriate. These changes must be coordinated through the Engineering system for proper release to the FAA, as required.
Engineering Liaison Support:
- Research of electrically-related production issues (including purchased items) or field related service issues, as required.
- Investigate issues, develop solutions, and determine impacts on short-term and long-term production and field support needs.
- Incorporate changes into designs when needed.
- Work with vendors on purchased items to resolve similar issues.
- Conduct, review, and support FAA submittals of Electrical Load Analyses, Functional Hazard Assessments, and System Safety Assessments.
- Review and assess impact of vendor supplied software documentation.
- Prepare customer-specific optional schematics and Electrical Load Analyses; supplied with each aircraft.