Relief Helicopter Line Mechanic - Base To Be Determined
Who Are We: Life Link III is a premier, nationally recognized air medical transport company, known for our clinical excellence, superior aviation program, and reliable response in providing care to critically ill or injured patients. Our priority is to do everything possible to give every patient their best chance for the best possible outcome – demonstrated by our unwavering commitment to providing the highest level of care to our patients while on-board safe, state-of-the-art aircraft. We continually focus on innovation and work to put cutting edge technology and education in the hands of our flight medical crew, pilots, mechanics, operational control specialists and communication specialists so we can provide uncompromising care to the communities we serve. We do this work while living out our core values of safety, customer focus, excellence, integrity, innovation, and collaboration.
Position Summary: Life Link III’s Relief Helicopter Line Mechanics emphasize safety, customer focus, and collaboration, in their approach to realizing Life Link III’s mission and vision.
The Relief Helicopter Line Mechanic reports to the Field Maintenance Manager. The primary duties for this role is maintaining and repairing the mechanical equipment needed to keep Life Link III’s fleet operational. This includes repairing and maintaining the structural, mechanical, and electronic elements of the helicopter. Ensures company operational goals and objectives are met while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies, and applicable maintenance manuals.
- Performs inspections and repairs of aircraft and components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
- Verify by physical inspection part and serial number match during installation or removal of components or assemblies in accordance with maintenance procedures
- Ensure all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies, and applicable maintenance manuals
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase of the company’s Safety Program
- Familiar with Safety Program’s policies, processes, procedures
- Maintains work area in a clean and professional manner
- Corrects compliance and safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Maintenance Compliance Manager, Chief Pilot, and Senior Mechanic
- Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service
- Validate data in the aircraft Status Report
- Request aviation parts and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure prompt repairs for operational readiness
What We Offer:
- We are committed to developing your talents as a key contributor to our Maintenance team through engaging work and access to annual Professional Development Fund
- Work schedules are Monday through Friday and flexible based on a daily maintenance schedule.
- Opportunity to grow
- Starting salary – $39.33/hr. Our range is based on years of air medical experience
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Annual tool allowance
- Employer Matching HSA on qualified plans
- Employer Matching Retirement Plan with no vesting schedule
- Competitive Paid Time Off to foster a work/life balance
Where We Are Located: Life Link III's administrative offices are located at the Riverview Office Tower in Bloomington, MN. This opportunity will support the assigned base region of Life Link III's network of bases.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements: To maintain the health and well-being of our co-workers and the patients we serve; all Life Link III employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Compliance/HIPAA: Must perform work in the manner prescribed by documented work process in order to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations, accreditation standards and laws that apply, specifically work processes that involve billing practices, for avoiding activities that constitute fraud and abuse.
Employment Status Requirements: Life Link III does not sponsor employment visas of any kind. As a pre-condition of employment, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.