*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Metro Aviation is seeking a Program A&P Lead Technician in Elyria, Ohio for the Metro Life Flight program.
Extensive experience with EC145 helicopters required.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a close liaison with the Regional Maintenance Manager to provide the current status of aircraft and forecast downtime.
- The Lead Technician is a supervisory and support position intended to provide direct supervision to the Base Maintenance Technicians for the program, as assigned.
- Provides planning, management, and oversight of the maintenance organization within the assigned Region.
- Provides aircraft technical support, maintenance planning of daily, short term and long term planning of all maintenance activity within the assigned program.
- Ensuring Company aircraft are maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Metro Aviation's policy and procedure.
- Overseeing the management of the aircraft maintenance activities including overhaul, modifications, maintenance, and repair of aircraft airframe, rotors, propellers, engines and appliances.
- Responsible for after-hours Maintenance Management support for their respective programs.
- Responsible for a thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, the General Maintenance Manual, the Operations Manual, and Operations Specifications.
- Ensuring that base Technicians are properly qualified and trained for their respective assignments.
- Communicating and interfacing with the customer program Manager, the aircraft scheduled maintenance activity, unscheduled maintenance activity and other activities that may affect the availability of the aircraft.
- Responsible for the timely repair of deferred items in reference to the MEL Management Program.
- Responsible for logging, tracking and keeping current the Aircraft Out Of Service events on the Company Intranet Portal.
- Ensures the Director of Maintenance is notified in the event of encounters with the FAA such as ramp checks, base visits or requests to contact ATC. Notification may be made by email or by phone during normal duty hours. The notification shall include but not be limited to location, date, time, Inspector name, areas covered and areas of concern.
- Ability to work outdoors and/or in potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures dependent upon location.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back is necessary.
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting.
- Comfortable working on ladders and or work stands of 12 feet or less and small spaces.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have sufficient hearing and the ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://www.applicantpro.com/j/2163514-535486