Perform the approval for return to service after maintenance or modifications in accordance with regulations, to include completion of FAA Form’s 8130-3 and 337’s when required along with logbook entries.
Ensure aircraft or any component returned to service meet type design or properly altered state and in condition for safe flight.
Ensure aircraft airworthiness by maintaining safety conditions conforming to standards set by the FAA and company policy.
Verify all inspections performed comply with Manufacturer’s Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and Air Methods Repair Station Manual.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Perform an aircraft historical record audit for completeness and accuracy - Research aircraft and engine maintenance log pages to ensure compliance with current regulations, manufacture’s programs and Air Methods policies and procedures.
• Communicate discrepancies to appropriate personnel (field and/or corporate) for correction. Interpret technical information for field and department personnel and provides advice on compliance.
• Provide logistical support pertaining to quality and regulation issues as requested
• Act as a liaison for Air Methods and FAA concerning Part 145 functions. Contact the FAA and other regulatory agencies and manufactures to clarify requirements and seek technical assistance.
• Consult with field maintenance personnel on maintenance issues • Coordinate/apply for Airworthiness Certificates, Ferry Permits and Field Approvals with the FAA.
• Perform parts room incoming and receiving inspections.
• Inspect and prepare aircraft equipment lists and weight and balance records.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• May require travel, weekends, and overtime.
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 5%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years’ technical rotor wing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Technical knowledge of AMC Fleet aircraft. Specifically: BHT-407, AS350, EC-130, EC-135, EC-145 (in order of preference). • Technical knowledge of all aircraft, appliances and processes approved on the FAA part 145 Operations Specification • Previous experiences in a FAA Certified Repair Station.
• Proficient with FAR’s and ability to perform complex research of Federal Regulations.
• Commitment to airworthiness and qualify of aircraft parts approved for return to service. Skills
• Individual diversity and adaptability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be able to work autonomously and to prioritize tasks. Computer Skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• A&P Certificate
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
- Hiring Salary Range: $26.19/hr - $32.06/hr
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: No
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.