Metro Aviation is seeking an Operational Control Specialist (OCS) in Shreveport, Louisiana at the Metro Aviation Headquarters Operational Control Center (OCC).
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
The Operational Control Specialist is responsible to ensure all flights are conducted safely and in compliance with FAA regulations.
- Trained and qualified in accordance with applicable sections of FAR 135.619 and the Metro Aviation Training Manual
- Responsible for monitoring flight operations
- Participate in flight coordination and dispatch
- Assisting with flight planning
- Comply with all directives and guidance of the Metro Aviation General Operations Manual, Policy & Procedures, Company Bulletins, Federal Aviation Regulations
- Interact and provide quality customer service with partner communication centers; Promptly escalate operational, personnel, or customer conflicts or concerns
- Participate in OCS new hire and partner communication center training as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Possess sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Ability to create an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism with diverse personalities and professional backgrounds
- Ability to maintain cooperative and harmonious relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong initiative
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
STATUS & SCHEDULE
- Full Time
- 182.5 work days/1,825 hours per year to include:
- 5 on /5 off
- 10-hour shifts
- Workover available when necessary
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.