Mechanical Aircraft Completion Tech - Decatur, TX (United Rotorcraft)
Responsible for modifying and repair of Aircraft Systems and Structures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Complete structural modifications to helicopters
• Install medical support systems into helicopters
• Install avionics systems and STC kits into helicopters
• Accomplish airframe structural repairs
• Fabricate detail sheet metal parts from blueprints
• Develop custom installations for medical and avionics equipment
• Maintain shop equipment and areas
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 1%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years’ related aircraft sheet metal repair and modification experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience using precision measuring equipment
• Experience in use of sheet metal related shop equipment
• Ability to read and interpreting blue prints
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• FAA Airframe Mechanic Certificate preferred
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
5500 S Quebec St