The Maintenance Support Representative (MSRs) support regional maintenance management and field maintenance personnel by ensuring the field mechanics have everything they need to safely, effectively, and efficiently return aircraft to service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Actively pursues supporting maintenance events in their assigned regions
- Actively participates in the morning fleet coordination calls – follows up on all concerns brought up during the call with the following but not limited to: Materials, Tools, Service Engineering, Aircraft Records, Ramco Help, Component Tracking Specialist, Maintenance Compliance, and United Rotorcraft.
- Expedites aircraft return to service by assisting field mechanics and regional maintenance management with:
- Monitor supply chain to ensure parts are delivered on time (Request through delivery)
- Coordinate cannibalization of parts as a last resort including recording and tracking replacements
- Man power availability
- Manufacturer or vendor support for repairs, tech support etc.
- Acquiring technical and regulatory clarifications
- Upon request, enters Conditional Inspections and Follow-on Maintenance (CDLs) and Component Replacements (CRs) in Ramco and ensure they are tracking correctly
- Maintains the Minimum Equipment List (MEL) deferral program by logging and tracking corrective action dates and extensions.
- Process MEL deferrals including tracking and submission to FAA.
- Monitor all open MEL deferrals and ensure they are cleared or extended in accordance with manual procedures
- Monitor the MEL program on a continuous basis to ensure parts and resources are made available for corrective actions in a timely manner
- Review multiple deferrals on individual aircraft to ensure there are no safety issues or operational conflicts
- Maintains Service Difficulty Reporting (SDR) (135.415) process including timely submission to the FAA and processes SDRs from the field including submission to the FAA (iSDR)
- Supports Materials Department in technical issues relating to part numbers, eligibility, alternate numbers, base-to-base parts transfers, and stock recommendations.
- Oversees the process of issuing special flight permits under Air Methods' CAFP program by completing the necessary forms and obtaining required approvals in accordance with the procedures and instructions contained in the program.
- Backs up the Maintenance Control Desk by answering “rolled” calls from the Maintenance Control Desk
- Reviews maintenance events prior to release to revenue service
- Releases aircraft to revenue service
- Completes research necessary to develop procedures and guidance to address compliance and logistical issues.
- Responsible for a thorough knowledge of Air Methods’ policies and procedures and all applicable CFRs.
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Two year certificate from an Aviation college or technical school and five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years turbine powered rotorcraft maintenance experience preferred
- Must have excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand aircraft maintenance technical manuals and documents
- Must possess strong attention to details and accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations