PJ Helicopters is seeking experienced candidates for full-time and rotational mechanic positions working in support of Fire Suppression / Powerline Construction for 2023. Our A&P base/field mechanics perform a variety of general helicopter maintenance including, but not limited to, detailed aircraft inspections, minor and major repairs and alterations, preventative maintenance, and servicing.
PJH is known for our state-of-the art helicopter external load capabilities. We have established ourselves as an industry leader in safe and successful missions. We take great pride in hiring the most talented and professional mechanics.
PJ Helicopters, Inc. has been an aviation industry leader throughout the United States for over 50 years. Industries supported include utility, forestry, construction, defense, charter, and many more. Employees at PJH have access to over 40 airframes from a range of manufacturers including Bell, MD, Sikorsky, Pilatus, Cessna, etc. It is our diverse fleet, wide range of customers, and opportunities for advancement that contribute to an overall great work environment.
Full-time employees are eligible for Health Insurance Contributions (medical, dental, vision, etc.), Profit-Sharing, 401k Employer-Match Program, Paid-Time Off + Vacation, Holiday Pay, California Overtime rules, and more. The PJH base in Red Bluff, CA encompass 100,000+ sq. feet of operations and maintenance hangars, including an employee fitness center, kitchens, and spare lodging. Our facility is located 1.5 hours north of Sacramento, and 30 minutes south of Redding, CA, both commercial airline destinations. PJH fulfills multiple contracts annually throughout the United States with concentration in the Western US.
We encourage you to learn more about us at www.PJHELICOPTERS.com or complete an application and our management team will get in touch. Only applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be considered.
• Must be a qualified Field Mechanic
• Must pass pre-employment DOT drug test. Random tests throughout employment.
• Licensed A&P Mechanic or eligible to acquire license in the first 6 months of employment.
• Zero write ups/infractions issued.
• Must have physical ability to get up and down repetitively while working on helicopters daily.
• Able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work in a highspeed environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with teams in the field and relay information back to the base when needed.
• Ability to navigate LZ’s, construction sites, and fire dispatches.
• Strong interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and organizational proficiency.
• Out of area travel required. Must be available 10 hours a day for two weeks at a time minimum.
BENEFITS: Per diem and overnight rate for out of area travel. Full-time benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid holidays, 401k with Employer Match