AMERICAN MADE. WORLD RENOWNED.
Proudly made in the USA, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation, a Surack Enterprises company, has a rich history for design innovation with the thrill of flying in our veins. Our goal is to provide helicopters to exact specifications and deliver support and maintenance worldwide. We offer many available configurations and have the capability to equip and style each customer's Enstrom to fit their unique needs. Performance, operating cost, reliability, customization – at Enstrom we check all the boxes and deliver a world-class helicopter that is highly regarded on every continent. Step into an Enstrom and one realizes we are passionate about what we do. Our helicopters offer superior performance for military training, law enforcement, commercial, and private operations.
We are seeking a full time Experimental Manager. The right candidate for this position will be driven and passionate about manufacturing exceptional helicopters, enjoy the challenge of being an integral part of a rapidly growing business and most of all, take pride in knowing they will be one of many reasons customers will enjoy the thrill and pride of owning an Enstrom.
This is an onsite position and not remote-based.
- A full competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and more!
- A family and team-oriented work environment and a company culture that supports personal and professional growth, excellence, quality consciousness, communication, and innovative collaboration.
- Negotiable relocation assistance package for the right candidate.
- Compensation is commensurate with knowledge and experience levels.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this individual will work in the Experimental Engineering department and responsible for conducting, overseeing, and managing R&D and certification ground/flight testing; providing oversight and mentoring to the Experimental Engineering group in test preparation, instrumentation, safety of flight coordination, test conduct, and test reporting; participating in FAA certification projects; and supporting other Engineering Groups on an “as needed/as available” basis depending upon the individual's other skills and abilities. If this person possesses an FAA pilot’s license, this position may also have some Test Pilot duties depending upon their license, ratings, and experience. As the Experimental Engineering Manager, the individual will be responsible for all direct hires within the Experimental Engineering department.
Duties include but not limited to:
Responsible for R&D and certification ground/flight testing, including:
- Reviewing proposed projects and developing compliance and test matrices.
- Planning, writing, and/or reviewing test plans and reports; including data reduction.
- Overseeing aircraft configuration, including instrumentation.
- Overseeing and/or conducting tests, including pilot coordination as required.
- Coordinating test activities with certification agencies (FAA, etc.).
- Preparing Type Inspection Reports.
- Reviewing Rotorcraft Flight Manuals.
- Responsible for Experimental Engineering organization, management system, personnel assignments, and resource allocation to meet Engineering Organization’s objectives.
- Provide support and mentoring to less experienced mechanics, technicians, and engineers within the Experimental Engineering group.
Flight Test Pilot:
Depending upon qualifications, responsibilities may include some Test Pilot duties including:
- Aircraft tracking and maintenance check flights
- Instrumentation checks
- Company R&D test flights
- TIA/certification test flights