AMERICAN MADE. WORLD RENOWNED.
Proudly made in the USA, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation, a Surack Enterprises company, has a rich history for design innovation with the thrill of flying in our veins. Our goal is to provide helicopters to exact specifications and deliver support and maintenance worldwide. We offer many available configurations and have the capability to equip and style each customer's Enstrom to fit their unique needs. Performance, operating cost, reliability, customization – at Enstrom we check all the boxes and deliver a world-class helicopter that is highly regarded on every continent. Step into an Enstrom and one realizes we are passionate about what we do. Our helicopters offer superior performance for military training, law enforcement, commercial, and private operations.
We are seeking a full time Design Manager. The right candidate for this position will be driven and passionate about manufacturing exceptional helicopters, enjoy the challenge of being an integral part of a rapidly growing business and most of all, take pride in knowing they will be one of many reasons customers will enjoy the thrill and pride of owning an Enstrom.
This is an onsite position and not remote-based.
- A full competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and more!
- A family and team-oriented work environment and a company culture that supports personal and professional growth, excellence, quality consciousness, communication, and innovative collaboration.
- Negotiable relocation assistance package for the right candidate.
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge and experience levels.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this role will work in the Engineering Department and be responsible for providing oversight and mentoring to the Design Engineering staff in regards to the design and substantiation of components, subsystems, and systems for the aircraft; investigating/resolving Engineering-related issues generated by Production, vendors, or field operators; and will be responsible for direct hires within the Design Engineering group.
Duties include but not limited to:
Component/System Design and Certification:
- Oversee the design, substantiation, and certification of components, systems, and subsystems for the helicopter. Responsible for assuring the projects will meet the FAA rules and regulations, specification, performance, reliability, safety, and cost requirements.
Engineering Liaison Support:
- Research of production issues (including purchased items) or field related service issues, as required. Investigate issues, develop solutions, and determine impacts on short-term and long-term production and field support needs. Oversee the incorporation of the changes into designs when needed. Work with vendors on purchased items to resolve similar issues. Support Material Review Board as necessary.
- Perform structural/stress analysis as required to support Component/System Design, implement Product Changes, or resolve engineering-related production or field-related issues. Review and approve engineering drawings for structurally-related matters. Support Engineering Change Board representative.
- Provide support and mentoring to less experienced designers and engineers within the Design Engineering group.
- Responsible for Design Engineering organization, management system, personnel assignments, and resource allocation to meet Organization’s objectives.