Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate.· Meets the qualifications for Director of Maintenance as defined in FAR Part 119.71.
- Highly knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Regulations, and of EMS aviation practices and requirements.
- Seven (7) years of aviation maintenance experience; minimum three (3) years helicopter maintenance experience.
- Five (5) years of progressive supervisory experience and/or demonstrated management skills.
- Maintenance experience on the AS350, EC130, Bell 407, EC135, EC145, PC12, and King Air 200 aircraft preferred.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) certificate, or IA eligible with commitment to obtain within one (1) year of date of hire.
- Capability and eagerness to manage Company maintenance activities as required, supporting round-the-clock operations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain tact and diplomacy in communicating with management and staff at all levels in high stress situations.
- Mathematical ability to assist in preparing annual budgets and monitoring fiscal activity.
- Basic computer skills (word processor, spreadsheet).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
- RAMCO software knowledge preferred
- Anticipates and strives to understand the unique needs of each crewmember, patient and/or customer.
- Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
- Responds quickly, safely and efficiently to problems that arise while providing service and/or leadership.
- Demonstrates consistent, clear and courteous communication.
- Is receptive, responsive and realistic.
- Among teammates is supportive, open and vulnerable.
- Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
- Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
- Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
- Dedicated to team success.
- Performs work with high quality and excellence.
- Dependable and delivers on established timelines.
- Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
- Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
- Incorporates Lean Learning principles into daily operations when possible.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Activities requiring moderate amount of sitting, standing, walking, speaking and listening.
- Frequent hands to key ability to input data and information.
- Close and distance visual capabilities.
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds floor to bench height.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
- Constant exposure to routine office noises, such as office machines, conversations, foot traffic; moderate electrical or mechanical hazards.
- Some exposure (less than 1/3rd) to loud aircraft noise, moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles, risk of electrical shock.
- Traveling by air or ground may be required.
The Director of Maintenance reports to the West Region Air COO. Direct reports include all sub-level managers in the Maintenance Department.