*$10,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Metro Aviation is seeking a A&P Lead Technician in Kalamazoo, Michigan for the West Michigan AirCare program.
Extensive experience with BK117C2e helicopters required.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a close liaison with the Regional Maintenance Manager to provide the current status of aircraft and forecast downtime.
- The Lead Technician is a supervisory and support position intended to provide direct supervision to the Base Maintenance Technicians for the program, as assigned.
- Provides planning, management, and oversight of the maintenance organization within the assigned Region.
- Provides aircraft technical support, maintenance planning of daily, short term and long term planning of all maintenance activity within the assigned program.
- Ensuring Company aircraft are maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Metro Aviation's policy and procedure.
- Overseeing the management of the aircraft maintenance activities including overhaul, modifications, maintenance, and repair of aircraft airframe, rotors, propellers, engines and appliances.
- Responsible for after-hours Maintenance Management support for their respective programs.
- Responsible for a thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, the General Maintenance Manual, the Operations Manual, and Operations Specifications.
- Ensuring that base Technicians are properly qualified and trained for their respective assignments.
- Communicating and interfacing with the customer program Manager, the aircraft scheduled maintenance activity, unscheduled maintenance activity and other activities that may affect the availability of the aircraft.
- Responsible for the timely repair of deferred items in reference to the MEL Management Program.
- Responsible for logging, tracking and keeping current the Aircraft Out Of Service events on the Company Intranet Portal.
- Ensures the Director of Maintenance is notified in the event of encounters with the FAA such as ramp checks, base visits or requests to contact ATC. Notification may be made by email or by phone during normal duty hours. The notification shall include but not be limited to location, date, time, Inspector name, areas covered and areas of concern.
- Dependent upon location - indoor/outdoor aircraft hangar or shop with potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back is necessary
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting
- Working on ladders and/or work stands of 12 feet or less in confined spaces
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Sufficient hearing ability to safely perform the essential functions
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include high visibility clothing, ear and eye protection, etc., when required
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Local travel to various program bases required
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.