*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Metro Aviation is seeking an A&P Helicopter Base Technician (EC135) in Lebanon, New Hampshire for the DHART program.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications to airframes and engines in accordance with manufacturers' maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, the Metro Aviation General Operations Manual and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Actively incorporates safety in all maintenance activities in accordance with the Metro Aviation Safety Management System.
- Plans and manages scheduled maintenance activity effectively.
- Manages base inventory, parts ordering, stock levels, core returns, shipping, and receiving of parts and materials.
- Responsible to be available promptly on call during nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Performs engine and engine component troubleshooting, replacement and rigging.
- Performs main and tail rotor track and balance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Works independently without immediate supervision.
- Maintains a safe and airworthy aircraft at all times.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate; Inspection Authorization a plus
- At least three (3) years' experience working with turbine-powered rotor or fixed-wing aircraft
- At least three (3) years' experience in specific model aircraft and Part 135 operations preferred
- Honesty, integrity, and a commitment to maintaining safe, compliant aircraft
- Strong initiative and a team player
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Effective maintenance planning and scheduling skills
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability
- Technology savvy and ability to learn and adapt to various software platforms
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Dependent upon location - indoor/outdoor aircraft hangar or shop with potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back is necessary
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting
- Working on ladders and/or work stands of 12 feet or less in confined spaces
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Sufficient hearing ability to safely perform the essential functions
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include high visibility clothing, ear and eye protection, etc., when required
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.