Off Duty Housing
Responsible to ensure aircraft and weather conditions are airworthy to transport medical crew and patient to receiving hospital within an assigned operational area. Responsible for compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), General Operations Manual guidelines (GOM), and thorough knowledge of Air Methods policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operates Air Methods aircraft in a safe and legal manner.
- Completes pre-flight before every flight verifying the aircraft is in an airworthy condition by sign off of Daily Flight Log. Pilots will perform a complete walk around of the aircraft prior to entering the cockpit for flight and upon completion of each flight.
- Final authority with regard to operations of aircraft and for the safety of passengers, cargo and equipment.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all aircraft and medical systems of backup aircraft utilized at operational area and also ensures that the medical flight team is familiar and comfortable with the medical interior and systems.
- Responsible for completion of required documentation.
- Able to conduct detailed flight planning with little notice to exacting standards.
- Participates regularly in Air Methods meetings, activities, projects, committees and community outreach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).