Set up and run CNC machines to build fixtures per specifications using standard measuring tools.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Set up CNC machines utilizing set up sheets provided
• Carryout production, inspection, and machine operation duties
• Use various measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, height gage)
• Operate basic shop equipment (band saw, grinders, etc.)
• Builds fixtures for work holding as required
• Deburr and clean parts as required
• Modify programs and adjust offsets as required to meet product conformity
• Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency
• Replace cutting tools as required to meet production conformity
• Set up and operate manual mill, lathe
• Complete routine machine maintenance.
• Train entry level CNC machinists
• Effectively monitor and tend to one or more machine tools
• Other Duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
• Maintain a safe and clean work space
• Follow established safety rules and regulations
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Hiring Salary Range: $19.53/hr- $23.93/hr
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: No
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.