About this position
The Aircare Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining aircraft to airworthiness standards. Individual would work primarily at the Bemidji, MN Hanger or Redwood Falls, MN Hanger.
What we’ll expect from you
• Maintains aircraft to airworthiness standards prescribed
referencing and implementing applicable FAA regulations, OEM Aircraft
Manufacturer maintenance manuals, Airworthiness Directives, Service
Bulletins and good practices for all aircraft in the inventory.
• Performs periodic inspection of aircraft to determine suitability for flights.
• Performs ongoing maintenance of discrepancy items. Defers items according to MEL and tracks deferred items for timely repair.
• Conducts major aircraft inspections according to approved methods.
• Assists Manager in monitoring aircraft total time and component overhaul times.
• Performs on-call duty as scheduled by Manager.
• Performs troubleshooting and servicing of aircraft and engine systems and components in accordance with industry standards
• Assists in accurate and timely initiation of parts and component ordering as needed
• Possesses high level of verbal communication to discus and diagnose technical issues via telephone or radio.
• Provide accurate, timely information and analysis to supervisors and pilots to ensure safety of flight and FAR compliance.
• Compliance with all federal, state, local OSHA regulations
• Accurately document all maintenance actions in accordance with FAA FARs and applicable Operations Manual
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including
improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new
skills on the appropriate position skills list.