GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This is a part time position, (24 hours weekly) operating under the direct control of the agency director of aircraft
maintenance. Responsibilities include assisting with the repair, maintenance, inspection, and
cleaning of helicopters to ensure airworthiness and mission readiness. The position adheres to
the agency core values of honesty, integrity, accountability, teamwork, trust, and respect and
commitment to excellence. To be successful in this position, the employee must demonstrate
competency in driving, conflict resolution, general communication skills (both written and oral),
inter-personal skills, and problem solving and team building skills. Starting salary negotiable
based on education, certifications, experience, and technological skills.
1. Troubleshoot aircraft malfunctions to accurately diagnose and repair problems.
2. Perform required maintenance and repair of aircraft systems and assemblies, including all
hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical components, to maintain airworthiness of aircraft.
3. Conduct and observe tests and systems checks with pilot during test flights in order to
functionally test aircraft systems.
4. Assist other personnel as required to manipulate large, heavy, or awkward aircraft parts
(e.g., the removal or replacement of the engine, main transmission assembly, etc.).
5. Maintain airframe and fuselage to control corrosion and preserve appearance.
6. Maintain ground support equipment.
7. Ability to work closely with others as a team.
8. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
9. Ability to provide professional customer service skills to both the public and agency
10. Ability to meet requirements and maintain required licensures and certifications as well as
agency required in-service training.
11. Ability to adhere to the standards and principles of the agency's core values and
professionally represent the agency.
Job Bulletin https://agency.governmentjobs.com/leoncountyso/default.cfm?action=jobb...
1 of 4 1/12/2021, 9:26 AM
12. Ability to report to work timely, consistently and as scheduled.
13. Ability to perform all functions of the job classification without posing a direct threat to the
health or safety of other individuals in the work place.