Under administrative direction, the purpose of this position is to maintain rotorcraft and related aviation equipment in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations within the Aviation Division of the Broward Sheriff's Office Department of Fire Rescue & Emergency Services. Employees in this classification perform skilled maintenance and repair work. Position is responsible for the inspection, repair, and maintenance of rotorcraft and related equipment.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Inspects, repairs, overhauls, cleans, paints and provides for the general and routine maintenance, as needed, for fleet aircrafts and related components and equipment in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations and aircraft manufacturer's recommendations.
- Prepares, inventories, and records aircraft parts and components in order to prevent corrosion, failure and misuse.
- Conducts periodic routine inspections for the purpose of ensuring continued safety and proper working condition of flight equipment.
- Maintains detailed records concerning all work conducted, inspections performed, conditions found, and safety compliance.
- Maintains departmental records and updates of inventory, service manuals, accounts receivable/payables, list of vendors/parts, and any other department related documentation.
- Checks, repairs and upgrades aircraft pursuant to Federal Aviation Administration guidelines and directives.
- Maintains and files reports, records, and/or statements relating to unit functions, as required by established standards and Federal Aviation Administration regulations.
- Conducts routine maintenance and flight checks prior to aircraft flight.
- Ensures proper use, maintenance, care, and accounting of materials, tools and equipment.
- Performs related duties as directed.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds). Requires intermittent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of heavier objects (100+ pounds). Most tasks are performed in an equipment/engine repair shop environment, where heightened awareness to surroundings and observance of established safety precautions is essential in avoidance of injury or accidents. Some tasks are performed in an environment with potential for intermittent exposure to disagreeable elements, e.g., heat, humidity, toxic agents. Tasks include working around moving parts, equipment, carts, and materials handling where physical risks are predictable/controllable by observance of standard safety precautions.
Broward Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Broward Sheriff's Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.