Aircraft Maintenance Technician-Cheyenne WY
Reach Air Medical Services
4339 Bailey Loop
McClellan, CA 95652
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repairs and alterations in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAA), company policies and procedures, in a timely manner, with a high standard of safety and quality.
- Ensures all aircraft maintenance record entries are executed and submitted in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures and applicable maintenance manuals.
- Participates in company programs to ensure continuous process improvement including but not limited to the ASAP/MSAP Program, Safety and Risk program, and the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System.
- Maintains, monitors and is accountable for fuel equipment, aircraft parts, tools, supplies and ground support equipment in accordance with REACH Air Medical Services, LLC. General Operations Manual, as required.
- Acts as support for other mechanics when parts and additional maintenance resources are required.
- Supports all REACH Bases/Departments with professionalism.
- Interacts on a regular basis with all Shop AMT’s, all Base AMT’s, aircraft maintenance company representatives, FAA, and others as required.
- Serves as a role model to other AMT’s.
- Works on special projects as required.
- Valid and Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate required.
- Previous experience working under CFR Parts 133, 135 and 145 preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, and of EMS aviation practices and requirements preferred.
- Maintenance experience on the Bell 407, Airbus H125, H130, H135, H145 and Beechcraft B200 aircraft preferred.
- Avionics troubleshooting knowledge and basic electrical repair experience required.
- Aircraft systems knowledge required.
- Aircraft records systems knowledge required.
- Aircraft maintenance planning experience required.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and technical publications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- May occasionally travel to other REACH out bases to assist in maintenance events or support operations.
- Strong work ethic and initiative with an ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and 24/7 on-call rotations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in a dynamic computerized environment to include Microsoft Office Suite, web-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, internet, etc.
- Must possess basic aircraft mechanic tools and maintain accountability of personally owned tools in accordance with REACH policies.
- Meets all requirements of the Hangar AMT Section as well as those listed in this section.
- Three (3) years turbine powered helicopter or fixed-wing maintenance experience required.
- Ability to plan and coordinate scheduled and preventative maintenance plan and forecast aircraft downtime in coordination with Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Responsible for validating the aircraft Status Reports for aircraft assigned.
- Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service.
- Request aviation parts and supplies in order to maintain an adequate and orderly inventory.
- Valid Drivers License in State where employed and proof of liability insurance.
- Effectively able to communicate with the base crew including medical staff, pilots, and the leadership team.