Fabricate or repair upholstered production and aircraft parts. Responsible for monitoring and controlling shelf life of consumables inventory. Responsible for monitoring and controlling material usage in the shop.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Fabricate upholstered parts, seats and assemblies
• Repair Upholstered items as required
• Review completed work and ensure that the final assemblies or detail parts are protected from damage
• Maintain aircraft, work area, and hangar cleanliness
• Maintain proper operation and cleanliness of shop equipment
• Design Patterns, construct and install upholstery components for aircraft Interiors
• Maintain an accurate usage log for all upholstery materials
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 0%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years’ related professional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year certificate from college or technical school preferred
• Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental concepts and knowledge of Upholstery fabrication and their application
• Ability to read and work from blueprints
• Dependable and self-motivated
• Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude under deadline pressures.
• Sheet metal shear, hand brake, roller, belt sander, band saw, table saw, drill press, sheet metal and wood working related hand and air tools.
• Employee must provide necessary hand tools to perform duties in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.