Permanent Position – Papua New Guinea - Madang
Attractive Salary and Benefits
Heli Niugini Ltd is a Papua New Guinea based Helicopter Company with operations throughout PNG. Our company specialises in oil and gas support, mining industry, precision construction, seismic and general charter operations.
We currently require a permanently based Chief Engineer to support our fleet of aircraft in PNG. We are looking for a self-motivated energetic person who can manage their workload to meet deadlines, with good analytical and problem-solving skills while working in a multinational company.
Key Skills Required
- 5 years’ experience on the BK117 and B407. B205 and B206 experience would be a plus.
- Solid experience managing a hangar and stores facility
- Strong Safety Management Systems experience
- Detailed knowledge of aviation regulations and ability to sit CASA Fit and Proper Person upon joining.
- Experience in maintenance planning with aircraft and parts availability for upcoming contracts
- Ability to manage the department budget requirements
- Willingness to mentor and teach AME’s within the department
As the Chief Engineer for our site in Madang you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the fleet’s serviceability to the highest standard.
- Provide a Safe work environment for the LAME’s and ground staff
- Coordinate and run Maintenance projects from engineering orders to Base camp set up.
- Run the maintenance department’s day to day operation.
- Have an excellent working relationship with the Safety and quality department
- Carry out sight audits as well as incident/accident audits reported by our safety system.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Control department
- Oversight of all maintenance staff in their delegated tasks.
- Ensuring safe, efficient and effective helicopter maintenance.
- Provide overall management of the maintenance organisation including strategic planning and direction.
- Ensure compliance with all the PNG Civil Aviation Authority regulatory requirements.
- Liaison with the Civil Aviation Authority on any matters relating to company’s maintenance organisation certificate, including LAME licensing.
- Implementation and compliance of SMS
- Maintaining facilities, equipment, tools, publications, and materials used to conduct aircraft maintenance.
- Assessing and providing access to new aircraft technical data and ensuring it is up to date.
- Ensuring all maintenance records are complete and accurate.
- Establishing and maintaining stock levels in line with minimum stock levels.
- Managing the stores and procurement department.
- Provide effective liaison between engineering, operations and flight operations to plan and execute maintenance activities with the least amount of down time.
- Set policies and framework for all engineering staff.
- Provide adequate manpower and resources to perform maintenance at all our remote locations
Heli Niugini has a comprehensive drug and alcohol policy and requires all employees to undertake drug and alcohol testing at random, this may also include clients specific site requirements.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Heli Niugini Limited, visit