Aviation Maintenance Technician Minimum Preferred Qualifications
Rotor Wing or Fixed Wing Technicians
- Honesty, integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft.
- Detail-oriented. Self-Starter. Team player.
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate, Inspection Authorization a plus.
- Three years' experience working with turbine-powered rotor or fixed-wing experience.
- Prefer three years of specific model aircraft experience
- Prefer three years of Part 135 field experience
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making.
- Effective maintenance planning and scheduling skills.
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability.
- Requires the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and on-call during the month.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with PC12 and EC135 airframes is preferred
- Ability to work outdoors and/or in potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures dependent upon location.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back is necessary.
- Comfortable working on ladders and or work stands of 12 feet or less and small spaces.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment typically is usually moderate.