Responsible for the daily operations of all maintenance services for assigned aircraft.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible to have a thorough knowledge of Air Methods’ policies/procedures, compliance with Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (FAR), Manufacturers Maintenance Manuals, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and Airworthiness Directives.
• Perform repairs, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft.
• Assist in cleaning and maintaining interior and exterior of customers aircraft as required.
• Coordinates aircraft maintenance schedules and work flow with Lead Mechanic.
• Maintains upkeep of work area, materials and tools.
• Prepares and maintains documentation related to work activities in accordance with regulations.
• Performs similar duties on an on-call basis.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Trade, Vocational School, or technical school or equivalent from two-year college (finished or in progress) and one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
• Ability to apply regulatory and technical information to various situations.
• Ability to read and understand technical and regulatory terminology and compose and verbalize the same.
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical/inspection issues and provide guidance and resolution of problems.
• Ability to apply mathematical and analytical skills to work activities.
• Ability to conduct activities requiring lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling burdens up to 100 lbs. on a frequent basis.
• Hand and power tools and measurement instruments.
• Operates hoists, trucks and tractors.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) Certification preferred or working towards A&P Certification
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.