Lake Superior Helicopters takes pride in our small company, family type culture and our employees quality work. Over the last 10 years LSH has focused on the safety in the aviation industry and continues to strive to exceed expectations in quality service throughout the organization.
LSH is looking for a highly motivated CFII who is willing to create success for the students training with Lake Superior Helicopters. Most training is conducted in the R-44 helicopter. CFII's who are selected will be training Private, Instrument, Commercial, External Load, CFI, and CFII applicants. The right CFII will be able to properly maintain student records, follow through on tasks requested and by willing to conduct air tours and rides with our organization as needed.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Hold and maintain a Certified Flight Instructor and Certified Flight Instructor Instrument in rotorcraft category and helicopter class.
- Hold and maintain at least a 2nd Class medical
- SFAR instructor endorsement for R-44
- Positive character and good communication skills
- Demonstrate a high standard of professionalism both in and out of the workplace
Why Duluth, MN:
Lake Superior Helicopters is based out of Duluth MN which was dubbed the “Best Outdoor City in America” and the “Craft Beer Capital of Minnesota,” Duluth has many great outdoor activities, unique arts and culture with live music and festivals, delicious dining and many local breweries and distilleries. Duluth is the third largest city in MN with a small-town feel. Whether you’re a family, a foodie or a history buff, you’ll find plenty of things to see and do in this eclectic and vibrant port city.
Duluth, MN is located on shores of Lake Superior which has 7 miles of public sand beach on the largest fresh water lake in the world. Besides Lake Superior, we have over 10 additional lakes within 10 miles of Duluth not counting the numerous rivers and creeks. These lakes and rivers provide ample opportunities for a wide range of water activities from fishing and kayaking to cliff jumping.
With the ample parks within Duluth, we have tons of opportunities for hiking, biking or whatever:
- 129 Parks
- 11,000 acres of green space
- 6,834 acres of City parkland
- 12 miles of paved, accessible trails
- 85 miles of bike-optimized, multi-use trails
- 150 miles of unpaved hiking trails
In Duluth we have all four seasons and different specific activities to each season.
- Fall is a time to enjoy Hiking or Biking in the woods with not only the sights of the leaves but also the smells of fall
- Winter we do have snow and the many trails in Duluth allow for some great x country skiing or snowshoeing. The numerous lakes provide great opportunity for ice fishing. With the 22,000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails there is an endless supply of new adventures. For downhill skiing Northeastern Minnesota has a trio of ski resorts featuring some of the biggest hills in the Midwest.
- Spring in Duluth offers some unique opportunities for ice fishing Lake Superior or as the snow melts, fishing one of the many tributaries on the north shore for steel-head
- Summer With all the parks, there are numerous environmental/nature-oriented classes and summer camps for kids
Dental insurance, Paid Vacation, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and Aflac. Company benefit’s offered after company 90 probationary period.