About this position
The Pilot is responsible for the safety and efficient conduct of the flight assignment.
What we’ll expect from you
• Determines that crew is licensed, adequately rested and in proper dress.
• Plans flight assignments, and obtains briefing information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures, and special instructions.
• Prepares or supervises preparation of flight plan considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids.
• Supervises crew members to insure proper planning and flight preparation.
• Ensures the aircraft has the proper pre-flight inspection, loading equipment, and crew for the flight assignment.
• Ensures proper flight kit is aboard.
• Inspects or supervises inspection of engines, fuselage and control surfaces for mechanical and structural soundness and proper operation of communications and navigational equipment on pre-flight inspections.
• Supervises loading and distribution of cargo and passengers and determines that weight and balance is within prescribed limitations per appropriate loading schedules. Calculates load center of gravity and weight utilizing a computer or applicable information contained in the aircraft flight manual or aircraft weight and balance data as appropraite, or FAA approved alternate or other FAA approved method.
• Ensures cargo is properly secured and provisions for passenger comfort and emergency equipment such as life rafts, life vests, etc. are aboard.
• Files appropriate flight plan, if required by policy or applicable FARs.
• Operates aircraft at favorable altitude taking into account turbulence, oxygen requirements and comfort of passengers during flight.
• Completes all required flight logs, records and maintenance forms.
• Maintains his/her copy of Operations Manual with current revisions.
• Must be highly knowledgeable of the Operations Manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, etc. and other instructions pertinent to duties.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.