The Contract & Charter Division
Hillsboro Aviation’s contract & charter division specializes in utility, executive charter, tours and excursions, and unmanned aerial systems (UAS). Our utility focus includes natural resources, aerial survey, firefighting, construction, film/photo/news, and heli-skiing. We have flown over 1.2 million hours and conducted missions ranging from firefighting to oil exploration and LiDAR to agriculture. Our fleet is comprised of the Airbus AS350B3e Bell 205A1++, Bell 407, Bell 206 series, Beechcraft/Raytheon King Air series and Pilatus PC-12 series aircraft.
About Hillsboro Aviation
Founded in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation offers complete helicopter and airplane services comprised of five divisions: contract & charter, aircraft sales & management, service center, FBO, and parts sales. Serving domestic and international markets in the government, commercial, and private sectors, we have over 85 employees and 14 turbine aircraft. We operate out of our award-winning headquarters at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO).
We believe in the power of a personal approach. We passionately purvey the notion of flight, a dream demanding creativity, persistence, resilience, and intent. We strive to foster a legacy of innovative thought, leadership, mentorship, service, and sustainability. We are dedicated to providing opportunity and growth for our team, our customers, and our community by providing extraordinary and memorable experiences in the air and on the ground.
Hillsboro Aviation is seeking an experienced Type 3 helicopter A&P Mechanic with CDL to join our growing team of maintenance professionals. The primary focus of this position is turbine field/contract maintenance. This position would require travel and frequent short, long duration and / or seasonal trips in support of on-going contractual requirements.
- Inspection and repair of helicopter and components to be maintained with the highest standards of the FAR's, manufacturer's programs, Hillsboro Aviation’s AAIP and repair station guidelines.
- Must be able to demonstrate an accurate working knowledge of FAR regulations and how they govern a mechanic’s activities.
- Ability to routinely perform Annual/100 HR, 300, 600 & 1200HR inspections as well as other scheduled and unscheduled maintenance items in remote field environments.
- Removal, re-installation and replacement of major components such as main rotor and tail rotor blades, engines, main transmissions, tail rotor gear boxes, main rotor and tail rotor hub assemblies.
- Main and tail rotor track and balance.
- Component inspection, repair and overhaul.
- USFS/DOI contract coverage as mechanic/fuel truck driver.
- Field travel will be required.
- Ability to use computer databases and software programs to track ongoing maintenance.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision
Hillsboro Aviation’s growth and sustainability is rooted in its commitment to attracting a diverse set of talent from around the world. To that end, we encourage qualified individuals from all walks of life to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
This job will remain open until filled. Please do not call regarding the status of your application.