Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to high school graduation or a GED issued by a state department of education; plus five years experience servicing helicopters.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Experience working on Bell 429 series helicopter.
- Proven record of dependability.
- Ability to understand electrical diagrams, blueprints, and drawings.
- Extensive knowledge of helicopter airframes and engines.
- Current FAA Inspection Authorization (IA).
- Satisfactory completion or ability to complete the Bell Factory Field Maintenance Course for Bell 429 series helicopters within nine months of appointment.
- FAA Inspection Authorization, within three years of appointment and maintained throughout employment.
- Possession of a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate.
Work duties requires the ability to lift 50 pounds overhead, crouching, crawling, climbing and working in restricted areas. All duties are completed with or without reasonable accommodation.
The appointee is required to complete a comprehensive public safety background investigation to include a polygraph, driving record check and pre-employment physical. A TB test is also required.
Note: Based on SOP 04-006, all police department personnel are subject to random drug testing as part of continued employment with the Fairfax County Police Department.
Panel interview that may include an exercise.
Note: This position is listed as "open continuous." Interested applicants are advised to submit their application as soon as possible. The application process will close when a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. If your application is received later in the recruitment process, it may not be reviewed or considered.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314 . EEO/AA/TTY.