Structural Engineer 3- Englewood, CO (United Rotorcraft)
Englewood, CO 80111
Serves as the lead engineer for structural analysis. Leads the overall team in developing analysis of a wide variety of different conditions including static, dynamic, and shock. Provides interface with external experts in similar and related positions, and must possess the communication skills to convey successfully difficult and complex topics understandably. Establishes analysis and qualification direction for different projects, and works closely with program managers, project engineers, and production on a wide range of issues related to design, manufacture and qualification of new and existing designs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Leads analysis efforts by developing and determining appropriate analysis approach for the project. May included advanced methods (such as FEA) or design and completion of different test programs. Guides and directs more junior team members in application of appropriate methods.
• Performs structural substantiation analysis for new mechanical design concepts and modifications to existing designs using both classical hand calculations, with an emphasis on free body diagrams but also finite element analysis modeling and methods
• Prepares technical reports and reviews the work of others for completeness, correctness, and compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements. Develops structural substantiation documentation required for FAA and military customers. Reviews and approves technical documentation of aircraft installations and modifications to verify safety of the installation/modification and compliance with regulations.
• Assists designers and engineers (as required) to develop products that comply with the structural requirements of customers and regulatory agencies
• Reviews the technical demands and needs of the department. Develops new methods and techniques as required to achieve business goals. Innovates new means and methods to achieve business and technical objectives.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular Attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling 1%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This is a lead engineering role, and the candidate is responsible for serving as a team leader. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities such as hiring, firing, and compensation plan development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace Engineering or related engineering field from four-year college or university; and seven to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 7-10 years analysis experience
• 7-10 years previous experience in design, analysis and certification of aircraft systems working with engineering staffs of military and civilian aircraft manufacturers
• Strong ability to perform classical analyses, using closed-form equations, for a broad range of structures and failure modes.
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
• Ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with others in team environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience with CAD software (Solid Works), Microsoft Office, and Femap.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Structural DER certification (in 14 CFR Parts 27 and 29), and/or strong knowledge and understanding of FAA certification process and experience with commercial aircraft structures is preferred
“Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.”
5500 S Quebec St