1. Troubleshoot aircraft malfunctions to accurately diagnose and repair problems.
2. Performs required maintenance and repair of aircraft systems and assemblies including all hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical components to maintain airworthiness of aircraft.
3. Perform inspections of aircraft to determine repair and maintenance work needed, and to recommend the feasibility of repairs.
4.Conduct and observe tests and system checks with pilot during test flights in order to functionally test aircraft systems.
5. Assist other personnel as required to manipulate large, heavy, or awkward aircraft parts (e.g., the removal or replacement of the engine, main transmission assembly, etc,).
6. Maintain airframe and fuselage to control corrosion and preserve appearance.
7. Approve and return aircraft to service after minor repairs and/or alterations.
8. Maintains logbooks and other records to provide required documentation of aircraft maintenance and repair.
9. Maintain ground support equipment.
10. Ability to work closely with others as a team.
11. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
12. Ability to provide professional customer service skills to both the public and agency members.
13. Ability to prepare and present clear, accurate, concise, and objective oral and written reports.
14. Ability to meet requirements and maintain required licenses and certifications as well as agency required in-service training.
15. Ability to adhere to the standards and principles of the agency's core values and professionally represent the agency.
16. Ability to report to work timely, consistently, and as scheduled.
17. Ability to preform all functions of the job classification without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the work place.
1. High school diploma or G.E.D. required; AND
2. Possession of a valid FAA airframe and power plant certificate with Inspection Authorization required; AND
3. Experience in the repair and maintenance of Bell 206 series helicopters required.
1. Experience maintaining Safran Arrius R2 engines preferred;
2. Experience maintaining technically advanced avionics including Aspen Avionics MFD's and Garmin avionics including the G1000 preferred;
3. Experience maintaining piston engine airplanes preferred;
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be able to lift, push, carry, or pull 75-100 pounds independently.
2. Position has increased risk of occupational exposure to hazardous and infectious materials.
3. Must be available during times of emergencies or natural disasters and be available for a 24 hour operation.