QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals must be able to work legally in the United States and be able to pass background check and drug screen. Individuals must successfully complete an initial training program and check ride and annually thereafter complete recurrent training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: B.S. in Aviation preferred, or a related field, and two years of closely related experience, or High School Diploma and Technical School training, and two years of closely related experience.
Flight Time and Certification Requirements:
· Minimum of 1000 hours total PIC time in helicopters
- 300 hours dual given and a minimum of 50 hours instructor time in the past 12 months
- 50 hours actual/simulated instrument conditions preferred.
- Instrument training experience in last 12 months of 25 hours preferred.
- Valid Certified Flight Instructor (CFI), and Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII), Rotorcraft – Helicopter required.
- Been authorized by endorsement from an FAA aviation safety inspector or authorized designated examiner to conduct Robinson R44 flight and ground training as required by SFAR 73, paragraph 5.