- Supports and conducts daily routine and advanced inspections to include aircraft airworthiness checks, aircraft ground support equipment/fuel storage, aircraft parts inventory, and shipping, receiving, repair disposition.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled maintenance in a timely manner for in-service aircraft as necessary, with safety a primary consideration.
- Conducts heavier inspections, repairs and modifications, performing duties and tasks as assigned commensurate with individual skills and abilities in accordance with federal regulations.
- Application of continuous improvement within the team/division.
- Maintains base fuel storage in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Provides input in establishing base maintenance processes and ensures adherence to Cal-Ore Life Flight’s maintenance processes.
- Interacts on regular basis with aircraft maintenance company representatives, FAA, FSDO, Cal-Ore’s staff.
- Serves as a role model to others on staff
- Special projects as required.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License.
- 3-5 years A&P mechanic experience performing fixed-wing maintenance as required.
- Inspection Authorization preferred and/or experience working under CFR Parts 135 and 145 mechanic ratings preferred.
- Proficient in maintenance associated with Current twin engine fixed wing mechanical and system experience or equivalent.
- Ability to understand Maintenance manuals and diagrams.
- Apply information to troubleshooting problems.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and limits to your abilities.
- Advanced electrical and electronics knowledge.
- Advanced aircraft systems and records knowledge.
- Advanced logistics decision-making skills and aircraft maintenance planning skills.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Mentors base janitorial staff and may inspect their completed maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Valid Driver’s License in State where employed and proof of liability insurance.
- Basic computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Windows environment.
Cal-Ore Life Flight, a REACH Medical Holdings Company, offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH Medical Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).