Guardian Flight is Alaska’s largest air medical provider with more aircraft in more places than any other organization in the state combined. Our history and experience has allowed our staff to gain a unique understanding of healthcare within the state.
Our crew-members translate that experience into successful patient outcomes and community service as we live and work in this great state.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a work environment tailored to maximizing your potential.
Stop looking for a job, and take off into a career with Guardian Flight!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs in-process inspections, final inspections, and functional checks of aircraft major repairs and alterations ensuring conformity with the following approved data, as applicable;
- STC drawings, instructions, specifications and other pertinent data
- DER approved engineering drawings, orders, instructions, specifications and other pertinent data
- Avionics installation manuals and drawings
- FAA AC 43.13-1/-2
- Structural Repair Manuals.
- Other FAA approved data
- Performs in-process inspections, final inspections, and functional checks of aircraft during major inspection events utilizing the appropriate FAA approved Aircraft Inspection Programs (AAIP), manufacturer’s Maintenance Manuals, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, and other acceptable methods, techniques, and practices.
- Performs final inspections and functional checks of aircraft after unscheduled maintenance utilizing the appropriate manufacturer’s Maintenance Manuals, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, and other acceptable methods, techniques, and practices.
- Participates in Functional Check Flights ensuring compliance with applicable GMM policy and procedures.
- Ensures all parts and materials consumed during the maintenance or alteration process are approved aviation parts or are industry standard parts and have installation eligibility for the aircraft/engine make/model being maintained and/or altered.
- Coordinates with Airworthiness department for major repair and/or alteration engineering data ensuring that all aspects of the repair and/or alteration have FAA approved data.
- Participates in FAA Conformity Inspections for adding aircraft to 14CFR Part 135 Air Carrier Certificate.
- Ensures current and applicable technical data is used for the performance of all maintenance and alterations.
- Ensures the appropriate special tools and test equipment are used as specified in the applicable technical instructions and that the special tools and test equipment requiring calibration are calibrated to NIST standards.
- Reviews work order forms and associated documents for accuracy and completeness in accordance with GMM policy and procedures prior to approving the aircraft for return to service.
- Reviews the documentation of Major Repair and/or Alterations and executes the appropriate maintenance release and FAA Form 337.
- Forwards all aircraft maintenance and alteration documentation to the Airworthiness Department in accordance with GMM policy and procedures.
- Performs quality audits of the facility assigned ensuring compliance with all GMM and company policy and procedures.
- Performs as the facility designated Safety Officer and will liaison with the Director of Safety for the associated duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the Airworthiness Manager.