Company - Our client is a well-established, growing, mid-sized Part 135 helicopter operator in Alaska. The company operates 13 helicopters (B206 and AS350) in a variety of roles and operational profiles. Our client places great value on employees that show initiative, are efficient, hardworking, knowledgeable, professional, and desire to be a part of a dynamic team.
Job - Specification Qualifications - The DOM reports directly to the General Manager and supervises all maintenance and inspections of company aircraft.
- 10 years maintenance management experience may include any or all of the following: military experience with leadership training and experience, foreman in-charge of 10 or more personnel, lead mechanic in charge of three or more personnel, or QA inspector.
Job - Specific Leadership Expectations
- Initiative to improve company processes to increase safety and efficiency.
- Collaborative management style that works well with all departments of the company to improve overall safety and efficiency.
- Dedication to training in order to build and maintain core skill sets at high levels to support department and company goals.
- Forward planning skills to ensure the company has the personnel and equipment needed to provide outstanding service and customer support.
- Meet the requirements of FAR 119.71e.
- Responsible for maintaining a training program for maintenance technicians to assure they are highly qualified prior to assigning them to any maintenance function.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment, tools, special tools, and facilities in a serviceable and working condition.
- Responsible for making available to all departments the necessary maintenance manuals overhaul manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directives, and any other required technical data.
- Conducts personnel interviews for the purpose of hiring, evaluating, and discharging mechanics.
- Responsible for assuring that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible mechanic.
- Responsible for maintaining the premises of the repair facility in an orderly manner.
- Responsible for initiating requisitions for stock and material as required.
- Manage aircraft maintenance activities including overhaul, modifications, maintenance and repair of aircraft structure, engines and accessories.
- Will coordinate with maintenance contracting agencies when maintenance activities are being performed on company aircraft.
- Orders anticipated parts, lubricants, etc., in sufficient quantity to ensure there is no aircraft down time for these items.
- Is accountable for all expendable items.
- Maintains close liaison with flight operations to provide a current aircraft status.
- Maintains close liaison with flight operations to schedule forecast maintenance
- Maintains weight and balance records of the aircraft.
- Determines personnel requirements based on present and projected workloads.
- Maintains or supervises the updating of status boards and assures all aircraft are checked daily as to inspection and maintenance status.
- Assures that both MRR and MIS reports required by FAR 135 be submitted.
- Checks with the aircraft manufacturers twice a year to verify that the company has the most current revisions to its maintenance manuals.
- Serves as a member of the company safety committee.
- Other duties as directed. May delegate functions to other personnel, but retains responsibility.
Compensation & Benefits – Six figure base salary + sign-on bonus negotiable DOE. Annual performance based raises. 401k match. Medical and dental insurance as well as vacation and sick leave. Relocation package.
Application Instructions - Interested candidates should email their resume and references in a word document to Careers@justhelicopters.com and put “Director of Maintenance” in the subject line.