Air Evac Lifeteam’s Pilot Starting Salary range (effective July 1, 2021) is $73,775 to $96,923 based on experience and available geographical modifiers.
Air Evac Lifeteam’s compensation package, in addition to the base salary, includes components such as geographic modifiers, stipends for advancement, a 3% annual merit increase, and work-over at the rate of time-and-a-half. A “Pilot Experience Worksheet” (PEW) determines initial base salary, taking into consideration total flight time, rotorcraft time, ratings held, night unaided and aided time, turbine time, prior HAA experience, etc.
Many AEL locations have a geographic modifier, adding a percentage to the base salary ranging from 2% to 25%. The percentage amount depends on the assigned base location.
Work-over Opportunities - Work-over is paid at 1.5 times the base salary hourly rate. It includes the geographic modifier where applicable, whether at your home base or away. Per Diem and travel expenses are provided when working away from your home base.
Relocation Bonus - You will be eligible for a $5,000 bonus if you move your permanent residence to within 60 miles of your assigned base and after successful completion of the initial pilot training program.
Base Housing - All Air Evac bases have company-provided quarters (no cost to you) during a 7-day hitch, both on and off your 12-hour shift.
- Base Pilot Supervisor - $5,000 stipend in addition to current base salary and if applicable, includes the geographic modifier.
- Area Pilot - $12,000 stipend in addition to current base salary.
- Strike Team Pilot - $22,750 stipend in addition to current base salary. The schedule for Strike Team pilots is a 14/14 rotation. (Hired internally only.)
- Flight Training Department - $3,000 stipend for Flight Instructors and $5,000 stipend for Check Airman, in addition to current base salary. Flight instructors may also fill in for work-over opportunities at bases.
Employee Referral Bonus Program - $1,000 referral bonus for pilots; $400 referral bonus for medical crew.
BENEFITS - Learn more at: https://lifeteam.net/career-center/benefits/
Bell 206 L4
FLEET EQUIPMENT (ALL AIRFRAMES)
- Genesys HeliSAS/Two-Axis Autopilot System and Glass Cockpit
- Garmin 650/500H, 650/500 TXi or Garmin 1000
- Garmin SVT (Synthetic Vision Technology)
- Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS)
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) In/Out
- PulseLite System (Bird Strike Avoidance)
- Flight Data Monitoring System (FDMS)
- ANVS 9 Night Vision Goggles
- Crash Resistant Fuel System
- iPad Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
- Air Conditioning
FLIGHT TRAINERS - One Frasca Level 7 FTD and Seven Frasca AATDs
Read more here: http://www.frasca.com/air-evac-training-with-frasca
- Minimum, Commercial Rotorcraft-Helicopter and Instrument Rotorcraft-Helicopter Certificate
- Second Class Medical Certificate
ADDITIONAL AIR EVAC LIFETEAM REQUIREMENTS
Air Evac Lifeteam operates under the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) guidelines. All of our pilots must meet the following minimums:
- 2000 hours total flight time
- 1500 hours helicopter time
- 1000 hours helicopter Pilot-in-Command time (PIC)
- 500 hours turbine time
- 100 hours unaided night time
- Maximum weight of 230 lbs. with flight suit and boots