City of Fort Worth
Helicopter Pilot (Part-Time)
The City of Fort Worth Police Department has a part time Helicopter Pilot job available. This is a 24/7 operation and you must be willing to working within a fluctuating 24 hour schedule as needed. The number of work hours will fluctuate depending on department needs, but will not exceed an average of 29 hours per seven day work period. You will be responsible for providing safe and efficient air transportation services in support of various Police Department functions including traffic patrol and enforcement, pursuit of criminals, location and spotlighting of crime scenes or various other law enforcement activities.
This is a part-time job and you will only work on an as needed basis. It is preferred that you live within a 30 minute radius from Meacham International Airport in Fort Worth to accept this job.
Helicopter Pilot job duties include:
• Operate and maneuver a helicopter in a safe and effective manner for assigned police functions.
• Perform aerial searches to locate and spotlight missing persons.
• Perform pre and post flight inspections of helicopters and auxiliary equipment.
• Prepare flight inspection reports and other analytical and statistical reports on operations and activities.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
• Positions in this class may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, intense noises, gases, vibrations, chemicals, and workspace restrictions.
• Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.
Apply on-line at:
Job ID: 51236
Closing Date: 12/14/18