Immediate opening for highly experienced A&P Technician – BK117D2 H145 Exciting Remote Locations and Southern California area. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the right individual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for following the planned maintenance program and consistently monitoring the company helicopters to ensure they are maintained in airworthy condition.
- Perform helicopter troubleshooting, maintenance and repair in a timely and professional manner utilizing all available resources.
- Maintains a constructive working relationship with manufacturer’s representatives, parts supply houses, repair facilities and the FAA.
- Observe service level expectations of vendors and contracted staff and ensure policies are followed.
- Provide vendor performance assessment and suggest quality improvement measures.
- Ensures compliance with airworthiness directives, service bulletins, and service letters.
- Ensures that all inspections, repairs, and component changes are accomplished in accordance with manufacturers and/or FAA-approved procedures.
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs as necessary or appropriate in accordance with best practices.
- Commitment to collaboration and responsible for proactive timely, clear and efficient communication that will allow effective problem solving and decision making.
- Performs regular cleaning of the helicopter and its hangar.
- Assists helicopter passengers in any appropriate manner.
- Reconfigures helicopter seats as necessary for flights, cargo and passenger transfer.
- Assists movement of the helicopter in and out of the hangar, including meeting the arriving helicopter and dispatching the departing helicopter.
- Assists with refueling the company helicopter.
- Performs sampling of helicopter fuel for water and contaminants.
- Ensures that all test equipment is calibrated and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.