in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation offers complete helicopter and airplane
services comprised of five divisions: contract & charter, aircraft
sales & management, service center, FBO, and parts sales. Serving
domestic and international markets in the government, commercial, and
private sectors, we have over 85 employees and 14 turbine aircraft. Our
new headquarter is located at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO).
believe in the power of a personal approach. We passionately purvey the
notion of flight, a dream demanding creativity, persistence,
resilience, and intent. We strive to foster a legacy of innovative
thought, leadership, mentorship, service, and sustainability. We are
dedicated to providing opportunity and growth for our team, our
customers, and our community by providing extraordinary and memorable
experiences in the air and on the ground.
in wildland fire fighting operations in an Airbus H145. May assist in
other projects or other duties as assigned. This position will cover an
Exclusive Use contract for the 2024 fire season with up to four annual
Job Responsibilities / Duties
pilot will cover the assigned aircraft during the summer season
(starting mid-May - exact date TBD) initially out of Hillsboro, OR.
Travel, accommodation and per diem are covered by Hillsboro Aviation.
The contract will be operated on a 12 on 2 off or 12 on 12 off schedule.
Other utility operations will be scheduled to meet the needs of the
project. If operated on a 12 on 2 off schedule, occasionally longer
breaks may be arranged based on operational pace and relief pilot
availability. The introduction of that aircraft to the USFS might
require additional duties representing the aircraft and Hillsboro
Aviation during some high-profile events.
- COM or ATP certificate with Rotorcraft Helicopter Rating
- Current medical (class 2 or class 1)
- Current driver license
- 4000 hours RW PIC of which 500 hours in similar size helicopters (Type 2)
- 1000 hours of Vertical Reference of which at least 250 hours in similar size helicopters
- Previously USFS carded in similar sized helicopters
- Meeting general carding requirements for 2024 MATOC contract
excellent communication, problem solving and leadership skills as well
as the ability to provide detailed instructions in aircraft procedures
- Current interagency card in similar sized helicopter
- Previous H145 or twin-engine experience in similar sized helicopters
- Recent flight and vertical reference experience in similar sized helicopters
- Additional experience in B205/B407/H145
- Instrument rating
- Clean driving record
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision
Aviation is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and we do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability
This job will remain open until filled. Please do not call regarding the status of your application.