Who We’re Looking For
Say hello to the most exciting environment of your career – protecting communities and land from wildfires. As a fuel service vehicle driver, you’re a critical member of the fire suppression helicopter crew on a firebase. When it’s go time, you go, and you go hard, refueling helicopters as they land and take off. And when the helicopter isn’t flying, you’re relaxing and building community with your crew on base: reading, working out, playing a game of horseshoes, throwing a steak on the grill – but always mission-ready at a moment’s notice. If ever you’ve wanted that work hard, play hard job, this is it.
We’re a team, first and foremost. What does that mean for you? It means that family comes first, and we step up to the plate when our colleagues need us most. It means you have management and support staff who have your back, both at the office and in the field. It means you value open communication with your team and being part of a mission that’s bigger than a single line on your resume. It means you’re hellbent on doing it right the first time, every time. Because at the end of the day, it’s our aerial firefighting mission – keeping people safe – that drives everything we do.
It means that when your off-season is over – from the oil fields of Texas to working the pipelines in North Dakota – the best part of your career is coming home to your fire support crew, year after year.
What You’ll Do
- Provide fuel for the helicopter, including fueling the aircraft with or without the rotors turning.
- Support the helicopter technician and the servicing of helicopter and/or support equipment.
- Submit daily reports of the vehicle status, work-time, DOT driving time and other pertinent information to the office via electronic filing.
- Take and record daily fuel quality control samples
- Monitor vehicle fuel levels and order additional fuel in coordination with the pilot.
- Be responsible for the general condition, cleanliness, and roadworthiness of the assigned vehicle.
About Hillsboro Aviation
Founded in 1980, we offer complete helicopter, airplane, and unmanned services to domestic and international markets in the government, commercial, and private sectors. Our divisions include contract and charter, defense operations, aircraft sales and management, service center, parts sales, and FBO. With 13 turbine aircraft and over 85 employees, we are located at our award-winning headquarters at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO) in Hillsboro, Oregon.