AMERICAN MADE. WORLD RENOWNED.
Proudly made in the USA, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation, a Surack Enterprises company, has a rich history for design innovation with the thrill of flying in our veins. Our goal is to provide helicopters to exact specifications and deliver support and maintenance worldwide. We offer many available configurations and have the capability to equip and style each customer's Enstrom to fit their unique needs. Performance, operating cost, reliability, customization – at Enstrom we check all the boxes and deliver a world-class helicopter that is highly regarded on every continent. Step into an Enstrom and one realizes we are passionate about what we do. Our helicopters offer superior performance for military training, law enforcement, commercial, and private operations.
We are seeking a full time Flight Test Engineer. The right candidate for this position will be driven and passionate about manufacturing exceptional helicopters, enjoy the challenge of being an integral part of a rapidly growing business and most of all, take pride in knowing they will be one of many reasons customers will enjoy the thrill and pride of owning an Enstrom.
This is an onsite position and not remote-based.
- A full competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and more!
- A family and team-oriented work environment and a company culture that supports personal and professional growth, excellence, quality consciousness, communication, and innovative collaboration.
- Negotiable relocation assistance package for the right candidate.
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge and experience levels.
Reporting to the Experimental Manager, this individual will work in the Experimental Engineering department and will be responsible for conducting R&D and certification ground/flight tests. The candidate will be responsible for test preparation, planning instrumentation and strain gauges, instrumentation and equipment calibration, programming data acquisition software, data reduction, and test reporting. This person will assist in test conformities and TIA preparation, participate in FAA certification projects, support safety of flight briefings, and assist other Engineering Groups on an “as needed/as available” basis depending upon the individual's other skills and abilities.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Reviewing proposed projects and developing compliance and test matrices
- Planning, writing, and/or reviewing test plans and reports
- Programming data acquisition software
- Data reduction
- Planning instrumentation and strain gauges • Instrumentation and equipment calibration
- Designing test facilities and/or acting as a liaison to outside sources providing test facilities
- Conducting weight and balance and maintaining records
- Conducting ground/flight tests, including pilot coordination and pre/post flight briefings as required • Coordination and preparation of test conformities and TIA activities
- Coordinating test activities with certification agencies (FAA, etc.)
- Preparing Type Inspection Reports