The qualified pilot(s) must have
- 3000 hours Pilot in Command time in helicopters,
- 2000 hours Pilot in Command time in turbine helicopters,
- 750 hours mountain time (at altitudes above 5000 feet msl with numerous landings per day, or an approved mountain course plus 400 hours and numerous landings per day),
- 700 hours as Pilot in Command during long-line vertical reference operations (may be waved by demonstrated proficiency with company check airman),
- 100 hours Pilot in Command time at night in helicopters,
- 500 hours as Pilot in Command in Bell medium helicopters (of which 200 hours must be in a single engine helicopter including the 204, 205, 210, UH-1 or "Eagle Single" Single Engine 212).
Qualified applicants must have been previously carded by the US Forest Service/Department of the Interior
- Mountain flying,
- external load (sling), long-line (vertical reference),
- fire suppression (helitack),
- retardant/water dropping.
Additional consideration will be given candidates with Bell 212 experience, precision longline utility experience, and that have also been carded for any of: rappel, cargo-let-down, short-haul in Bell medium helicopters.
If interested: please upload current pilot resume in PDF format along with any professional references you would like to offer.
No phone calls please.