Position Title: Field Services Technical Engineer
Reports to: Director of Maintenance / Director of Unmanned Services
Hours per shift: Shift hours / rotation scheduled determined by daily operational needs and customer schedules
Wage: Salary Exempt
Position Purpose: Responsible for serving as field technical support Engineer on Kaman K-1200 KMAX platforms and or Various UAV platforms. Technical Engineer performs the appropriate duties assigned by the DOM/DOUS and performs duties on the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with all appropriate FAR’s (Federal Aviation Regulations) and rotor craft flight manuals; with the goal to provide an Airworthy Aircraft for daily multi-mission readiness. Must have a full understanding of and always act in accordance with Swanson Group Mission, Vision and Values Corporate Statement.
These duties are designated as ADA Essential Functions and must be performed in this job.
- Must be able to work 14 + hours per day, 7 days per week during on shift flight schedule as assigned by DOM.
- Must be willing to cover during periods of staff illness or family emergencies.
- Perform Duties on Aircraft Airworthiness as per Federal Aviation Administration standards, FAR’s, Manufacturer’s Manual’s and Company policy.
- Maintain clean and organized working areas.
- Ensure all manuals, S/B’s, A/D’s; revisions are current and updated with proper signatures to reflect all required information.
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained to accommodate routine maintenance and components are ordered 200 flight hours prior to change and noted on maintenance log sheet.
- Ensure all ground support equipment is maintained and in good working (serviceable) condition.
- Ensure all aircraft mobile equipment is maintained and documented in good working order.
- Ensure paperwork is turned in on time, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or end of the month paperwork.
- Ensure inventory is accounted for in accordance with company policy.
- Must have the ability to travel and work away from home in remote places, and possibly to work overseas (OCONUS).
- Ensure that all SGA safety policy and procedures are followed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Must be able to pass U.S. government background check and have no disqualifying factors for obtaining a Department of Defense secret clearance.
- Valid Driver’s License (CDL Preferred).
These duties are secondary in nature and are not classified as ADA essential.
- Ability to lift/carry more than 40 pounds
- Repairing of mobile equipment/vehicles
- Other duties as necessary.
Key Words: KMAX, K-Max, Kommand, Helicopter Mechanic, Rotary Wing, Field Engineer, aircraft Mechanic