Lohman Helicopter, Lewiston ID
Safety and Human Resources Director
Lohman Helicopter is seeking an Aviation Safety and Human Resources Director who will support the maintenance and oversight of aircraft and up to 25 personnel at several locations. The Director will be located in a central office in Lewiston Idaho and will oversee the HR Department personnel and a Field Safety Supervisor.
The Safety Director is responsible for maintaining, crafting and implementing a comprehensive SMS Program to include ensuring that all elements of SMS are both implemented and followed at each location and by all personnel. All candidates must be familiar with and have relevant experience with working with SMS and be able to work with and interpret Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) and pertinent DOT regulations. Additionally, the candidate must be able to oversee assessment programs that both measure and ensure contract operations are meeting target safety objectives as well as complying with applicable regulations, procedures, protocols and guidelines. The Safety Director will be directly responsible in working with the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance and the Chief Pilot, as well as interfacing with the Field Safety Supervisor to ensure that objectives and processes are in synchronization with both air and ground support crew safety.
The ideal candidate will have understanding with the Following
• Title 14, Code of Federal Regulations, as they pertain to maintenance, flight operations, and repair
stations for both rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
• Understanding of SMS processes to include development of SMS Programs.
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
• Understanding of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards.
Specific Safety Director Duties
• Oversee a company-wide SMS program to ensure smooth implementation of the Safety program.
• Review the current SMS and develop a comprehensive Safety Management Systems Manual within 90-
• Assist in evaluating and selecting an appropriate automated SMS program that ensures various
elements of SMS are followed and tracked
• Develop the hazard reporting and hazard analysis program
• Ensure that HazMat processes are in place and in conformity with local, state and federal
• Coordinating with the DOM, develop an assessment program to assess all facets of maintenance operations to include evaluation of Quality Control, Quality Assurance, weight and balance, maintenance records, calibration, hazardous materials (including Safety Data Sheet management), tool control, etc.
• Develop safety training programs and implement the monthly safety meetings; emphasizing meeting annual safety goals.
· Maintain Customer/Industry Internet Platforms for safety compliance reporting. Specifically, ISNetworld and ARIBA.
• Ensure, capture, and record all hazards identified as well as mitigation efforts.
• Establish standardized file systems so that all sites and personnel are using the same program structure.
• Provide for and accomplish processes to ensure all accidents and incidents are investigated
· Achieve & Implement IS-BAO Level III
· Secure OSHA VPP status for the company
Salary: $75,000 or more DOE
Moving Assistance: Yes