Helicopters Inc., the leading provider of Electronic News Gathering (ENG) helicopter services in the United States, has an immediate opening for an experienced Chief Pilot. This person will be responsible for managing a team of approximately 120 pilots and a fleet of 70 Bell 206/407 aircraft. The successful candidate must possess the necessary management experience and strong leadership skills to effectively support our existing ENG programs as well as our ongoing Part 135 charter and Helicopter Air ambulance (HAA) operations.
This position is based out of the St. Louis Downtown Airport (KCPS) in Cahokia Heights, IL. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package and participation in our Company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of Company pilots.
- Exercises operational control over all flight operations conducted on behalf of the Company, as necessary.
- Assists with the pilot training and testing process as an active member of the Company’s Pilot Training Group.
- Post job openings, screen, interview, and recruit new pilots to maintain a roster of properly qualified, current, trained pilots.
- Ensures all pilot positions are properly staffed at all times.
- Monitors pilot work hours, approves leave requests, and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates, reviews, and approves travel arrangements and related expenses for the department.
- Prepares reports, creates and modifies policies and procedures, and disseminates information to the field.
- May serve as PIC in Part 135 operations, adhering to all applicable provisions & regulations at all times.