Novictor Helicopters is a leading provider of
helicopter tours and helicopter charter flights on the island of Oahu. We offer
charters and daytime, sunset, and nighttime city lights tours every day of the
Novictor Helicopters has a culture of excellence that provides its customers with the highest level of customer service in the Hawaiian tour market. We are seeking someone with management and Robinson helicopter experience to join our team as a Chief Pilot.
The Chief Pilot (CP) is directly responsible to the Director of Operations. The CP directly supervises all crewmember training and the flight related activities of all flight crewmembers.
1. Assume the duties of the Director of Operations in their prolonged absence, when notified / designated in writing.
2. Exercises operational control over assigned flight crews, aircraft and equipment.
3. Directly responsible for crewmember training and standardization. Plans and directly supervises the training activities of flight crews and keeps the Director of Operations advised on crewmember standardization.
4. Selects and assigns primary pilots to contract operations. Selection and assignment of part time pilots.
5. Monitors the physical status of all flight crewmembers to ensure they are physically capable of performing their required flight activities, and that they present an image appropriate for the company.
6. Establishes duty hours for all flight crew personnel and ensures flight crews do not exceed their flight and duty time limitations.
7. Prepares and maintains training and proficiency records, schedules and correspondence as required by this manual and the company training program. Maintains status forms showing flight crewmembers compliance with the currency requirements outlined in 14CFR. Makes required FAA records available to the FAA during inspections and tests as required in 14CFR 119.59.
8. Assists the Director of Operations in formulating operations and training policies and in coordinating the same with appropriate regulatory agencies.
9. Ensures that all pilots receive and pass the written or oral test and competency check, as required by 14CFR Part 135, in a timely manner.
10. Coordinates the flight activities of all assigned pilots.
11. Disseminates information to all crewmembers as pertains to routes, airportshe/heliports, NOTAMS, NAVaids, etc., and company policy. Provides adequate and current flight manuals, check lists and passenger briefing cards for each aircraft.
12. Writes lesson plans and/or assembles training reference materials from various sources to be used by pilots undergoing required company training.
13. Designates sufficient instructors to ensure all flight crews conform to standard procedures as outlined in applicable FAA regulations, company policies, and the company training program.
14. Manages the company flight locating operation.
Pay and Benefits
Competitive pay scale based on qualifications and experience
Benefits include health insurance
Work hours determined by Director of Operations
Days off subject to change due to operational requirements
Novictor Helicopters, LLC, 155 Kapalulu Place, Suite 197, Honolulu HI 96819