Qualifications Job Requirements and Qualifications: Qualifications
- 2500 hours total time (helicopter)
- 1200 hours PIC (helicopter)
- 500 hours turbine
- 200 hours of cumulative night experience
- EMS and FAR 135 experience preferred
- Commercial/Instrument helicopter rating
- Preference is given to applicants who have an ATP rating
- Preference is given to applicants who have previous NVG experience
- Preference is given to applicants who have at least I00 hours instrument time
- Current Class II Medical Certificate
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set/re-set multiple
- Presents a professional image as a MARC flight team
- Maintains a positive team attitude with flight crew members, maintenance technician and communications specialist by working
- Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co workers.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP's.
Additional Qualifications Value Based Competencies: Customer Focused:
- Anticipates and strives to understand the needs of each
- Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
- Responds quickly and effectively to problems that arise while providing service.
- Demonstrates open, honest and respectful communication.
- Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
- Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
- Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
- Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and
- Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment Physical Requirements:
- Requires activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking.
- Able to conduct activities requiring a moderate to rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and
- Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench
- Ability to hear routine aircraft noises.
- Maintains a "duty" weight (body weight + uniform/equipment - helmet not included) of less than 220lbs for Rotor Wing (Helicopter)
- Requires close and distant visual capability (Class 2 Aviation Medical)
- Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
The RW Pilot duties are performed in either indoor or outdoor environments. The RW Pilot may be exposed to routine office noises, moderate electrical or mechanical hazards and frequent exposure to an aircraft hangar environment where the RW Pilot may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards. The RW Pilot must be present at work site to complete the job.
- Nomex full body flight suit, leather or Nomex boots, and an aviation helmet during all helicopter flight operations
- PPE - latex gloves, goggles and HEPA mask
- Hearing protection (plugs, band or head set)
Work Place Conditions:
The RW Pilot is physically based at an airport "crew quarters" for 12 hour shifts and must be prepared at a moment’s notice (within 5 minutes) to begin air ambulance missions that last from 6 to 8 hours. The crew quarters are equipped with kitchen, shower, rest and sleeping facilities.
The pilot schedule is a 12-hour shift, 14 days on and 14 days off, typically beginning at 0800 or 2000.
Sometimes a flight shift may extend past 12 hours, but usually not longer than 15 hours.
The RW Pilot reports directly to the Lead Pilot, followed by the Chief Pilot, and ultimately to the Director of Operations.
Company Offerings MARC offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision,. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program.
Important Information MARC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).
Job Type: Full-time