Metro Aviation is seeking a Aviation Structural Engineer in Shreveport, Louisiana at the Metro Aviation Headquarters PMA Production Shop.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
The Aviation Structural Engineer works directly with the Production Program Manager and Aircraft Configuration Coordinator in support of the Production Program. The Aviation Structural Engineer is responsible for structures engineering (research, analysis, planning, integration, and testing) for interior installations on development and prototype Part 27/29 air medical, law enforcement, and business aviation rotorcraft.
- Approves drawings and documents to support modification and installation of structural and system components on aircraft
- Assists with planning and selection of equipment installation locations
- Develop cabin interior, systems, and structural modification/installation work instructions, procedures, and recommendations ensuring compliance with CFRs
- May assist in estimating, quoting, and planning in support of aircraft modifications
- Assist aircraft integration teams with structural planning and fit checks
- Participate in meeting project deadlines as part of a functioning team or as individually assigned in a fast-paced, progressive environment.
- Assist with acquisition and maintenance of company owned Supplemental Type Certificate(s) and approved designs
- Participate in preparing reports showing compliance with proper FAA regulations on all structural components by either analysis or test
- Assist in document compliance with the applicable regulations covering the structural strength, crash protection, interiors item retention, basic loads, weight balance, stress analysis, static test, dynamic test, fatigue analysis/assessment, and evaluation of the design to substantiate aircraft structure
- Perform Stress Analysis (software generated/hand-calculations) / generate structural reports in support of Field Approvals and Supplemental Type Certificate(s) acquisition.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of installations, modifications, and structural configurations of aircraft components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, and engineering drawings
- Familiar with fabrication and/or installation of basic structural systems in aircraft
- Familiarity and understanding of aircraft loads and load paths
- Experience in static structural analysis calculations for installations
- Familiar with standard aircraft assembly and modification shop practices
- Working knowledge of field approved/ Supplemental Type Certificate(s) process
- General knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (14 CFR 27, 29)
- Results-driven with strong focus on timeliness and meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to work in cross-functional environment
- Ability to work directly with internal and external customers
- Walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, kneeling
- Climbing heights on various equipment
- Use of heavy machinery
- Lifting up to 50 or more pounds
- Indoor/outdoor shop environment with potential extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals is possible
- Moderate to loud noise level
STATUS & SCHEDULE
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:30pm, Friday 7:00am-12:00pm
- Extended periods of travel, 3-4 times per year
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.