Metro Aviation is seeking an Aviation Drafter for our PMA Production Shop located in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
The Aviation Mechanical Drafter/Designer is responsible for creating documentation in support of production. Documentation includes CAD Models, assembly detail drawings, component detail drawings work instructions, and production tooling.
- Uses computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail, assembly, and installation)
- Makes final sketches of proposed drawings, checking dimension parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to system or project integration
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of parts and assemblies
- Ability to create drawings from sketches or prototypes
- Effectively communicates with various sections in production including tooling, QA, engineering, and manufacturing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven capability of self-checking for accuracy of work
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated to work diligently to achieve personal and company goals under a team environment
- Prolonged sitting and computer work
- Air-controlled office
- Occasional outdoor-type environment with potential extreme cold and hot temperatures as well as moderately loud machine noise
EXPECTED HOURS & SCHEDULE
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:30pm, Friday 7:00am-12:00pm
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.